Friday, July 1, 2011

How sucks is grammar for you?

I'm sure everybody knows what grammar all about. For me, it is the most boring lesson. could be said that i hate grammar. We should know about the structure and everything. When i was in high school, i found it very difficult to learn about structure. I even hate learning my own language structure, the Bahasa.  

Learning English is also couldn't be separated from the grammar. Perhaps, we don't realize that we use a lot of grammar things when we talk about something. Wrong grammar could lead to a misunderstanding of one sentences. 


Many people, including me, found that grammar is so hard to learn. Personally, based on my own experience, grammar is the second thing we learn, and we shouldn't have to learn it in particular. The first thing I learn is vocabulary. Then when I have enough vocabularies, i can make a sentence. Later, after some of new information of the structure from teachers or anyone who understand English, would lead me to use the correct form of grammar (especially in tenses). I also understand Grammar from the book i read, or sometimes from movies or song (even though sometime they use a slang word). At least you will get used to with the language.

I believe, when you asked the native speaker about the grammar, they will find it difficult to explain. Just like Indonesian people tries to explain Bahasa Indonesia structure. But, one think i'm sure, they know how to use the correct grammar. 

So, If you wanna have a good English, you have to be familiarized  with native speaker and learnt how they communicate. Listen and Read to English, then you might understand how to use a correct grammar, without knowing the grammar.

2 comments:

アミ said...

grammar is just theory for me, bcoz when i try to speak English i often forget the grammar..:(

~Ulfa~ said...

i'm sure u r not forget about it, it's just flow like water, automatically structured..

Post a Comment