Sunday, October 2, 2011

It's So Modern, Yet still with Arabic atmosphere..

Finally, I am in Qatar. The first impression was, öh god.. this country is sooo barren, no trees, and it look so white yellowish from the sky (as i saw it a minute before landing).

And a minute after I went out from the plane, I felt so hot, barely couldn't breath. I think it was 40 degrees. I felt worse because it was dramatically changed since in the plane was so cold.


Anyway, It took more than 7 hours flight from KLIA-Malaysia to Doha- Qatar. Thanks god the service of Qatar Airways is good, at least they have a good service and good food also quite good entertainment. 

As I traveled alone and never been to Qatar, I just wondered a lot what would be happened in the immigration. My sister only sent me a e-visa through email and I just afraid that it wouldn't enough. And what made me curious was, there's no such arrival card. I wondered why the stewardess didn't give me one. Finally I just walked in the immigration counters and ask for someone whether we need those card or not. Then, I just gave my passport, and she check it on computer and voila... just that easy...
I was so impressed when the first time I saw the immigration officer. They all so arabic, wearing such moslem clothes, like this:


The man use that kind of clothes while the women will use some kind of black dress from head to toe..
And what makes the qatari different from other arabian people is they use the black accessories on their sorban, No one can use that accessories unless you are qatari...
And for the girl, if they already got married, they will use hijab with the face covered, and if still single, they can show their face... (what a arabian culture) :D


 Women after married

 Women Before Married


Oh, Just so you know, all of Qatari always dress like that wherever  and whenever they go, especially in this country (I don't know when they out of Qatar).
And for the employee, they don't wanna use the uniform, they stick with this kind of clothes.

5 comments:

Farissi (イチ) said...

I wonder.... what kind of clothes U will use there?

~Ulfa~ said...

klo orang qatari or arab selalu pake baju itam kyk kura2 ninja, cuma mata ajah yg keliatan.. hehe klo co, rata2 pke baju putih and kyk sorban, kyk gmbr itu ci..

Farissi (イチ) said...

ulfa pake gituan gk di sana??? =D

アミ said...

haha..the same question,
what about muslimah foreigner like u? do you also wear black gamis there? *curious* :)

~Ulfa~ said...

of course not, i am the way i am.. haha
klo pun ntar aq pake, cuma sekedar ikot style ajah, but one day i'll wear it but no "cadar":D

Post a Comment