Saturday, April 16, 2011

Officially, Master Degree

A few days ago, i went to Banda Aceh. The main aim is to attend the Aceh alumni of Deakin University, Australia. But guess what, it 's not only about alumni, it's also about the second ceremony of graduation.
Let me tell you one thing. Before i went back to Indonesia, I only attend the ceremony of graduation which was only attended by Aceh Students. We only have like some kind of a temporary certificate which say "have been complete the master program". We can't receive the official master certificate (Testamur) until the official graduation ceremony is held. So
I need to wait for the Testamur which they say will be given tomorrow (18 april, as the graduation ceremony is happening). And since i have gone back to my hometown, the uni will sent it to me. The reason behind i didn't join the graduation ceremony was because my  goverment (the sponsor) asked us to go home back as soon as we finished our study. Perhaps, it will cut the budget, as we now, living in Australia is much more expensive than living in Indonesia. So, my sponsor stop giving me allowance and acommodation budget. So, like it or not I have to go back (eventhough, i really wanna live in aussie for more days).

Anyway, at that night there's a small ceremony for receiving the Testamur. My professor Ian Robbotom and Anne from Deakin University are the one who gave it to us accompanied by DR. Qismullah from Aceh goverment. We received the Testamur, Transcript and the badge.

After they finish giving all the certificate, it's time for the informal part. I didn't know that there is a karaoke machine. And suddenly my friends asked me to sing... :) And with a small courage, i make my self dare enough to receive the offer. So I went to the stage and chose the song.
Unfortunately, the song is a bit old. thanks god i can find a song that i could sing. So, I chose singing Mariah Carey's song entitle "Hero".

And thanks god, i am success in singing that song. Everybody was looking at me. I didn't know whether they like or not. But all i know, i am enjoying singing a song ( if only i could sing a bit longer.. hehehe).Ooh yeah,  i got compliment from Ian and Anne. They never expected that I could sing. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment